Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Things that make you go Hummmmm

Hey Gray Ghost...i didnt and dont mean any disrespect at all to you your father or your streamers,so please dont take it that way. But i just dont view it as something that should be legal in "fly only"waters. Dont take that the wrong way...thats just my opinion and i'm just being honest about my views on it. I am not saying that it dosent work(i'm sure it does) and i'm not insulting you or your father. I'm just sayin i dont really see it as a "fly" thats all. And theres nothin wrong with leavin the site "old fashioned smile.gif " sometimes a diff lookin site is what makes people check it out!

Again please dont take this the wrong way.

Steve

Hi steeldrifter,

Thanks, We all have our own opinion and that's the American way. You are entirely welcome to yours. If you have that kind of conviction of what is a fly and what's not. So be it.

Thanks for your nice comments and honest views above. Your welcome to visit my site anytime and if you would like to slip in the back door and try a streamer sometime, I promise not to tell a sole. cool.gif Thanks again Steve and I'll be seeing you around here on this site. George, AKA Gray Ghost

Hell I know I can cast 1/8 OZ gloden girl with a fly rod, I C&D that much weight

trying to get an egg fly into the strike zone when Fly fishing for Steelhead.

OSD.

Hi! George sent me! You guys have settled this by now, but I have been acquainted with George for some time through a whole DIFFERENT end of hobby people. I knew him as a Bike rider long before I knew he tied flies (well, they ARE flies really!) George is a super person and a good friend. Old fashioned? HAH! maybe, but think about what that means! quality, attention to customers, honesty and care of his business. THAT is what we need more of!

George was kind enough to donate several cards of his streamers to a program that I was giving and asked NOTHING in return. He wished me success and good luck with my program! also, Just recently, I asked for a special Christmas Card for my father in law and his reply was, "sure, I will have it in the mail for you Monday!" You don't get service and care like that every day! I wish I could find any number of OTHER businesses that treat customers like that!

My life has been slightly askew lately with medical problems (I am ONLY 53, what is happening!???) and other things that have precluded me from fishing as I would have liked So I have not been able to give the streamer the attention it deserved, but spring is coming and I plan to go out and thrash the waters and give the streamers a good workout! I have a stream nearby that teems with smallies when the water is flowing well....I love small streams....and there is another one not far away that has lots of brown trout hidden in the banks! I plan to check them out!

Lazybee