Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Will Milne

First Hatch of the season

Was on a local stream yesterday and bumped into these coming off amongst the broken drifting ice - Pic was taken in my portable studio in the back of my Sienna van:)))

IPB Image

Will

Hi Will,

That pic is beautiful. Good Job! Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Awesome pic Will ! One of my favorite hatches to fish. They can be found in Pennsylvania anytime from January to March as soon as the weather starts to hit 50 degrees. I like to fish an Early Black Stone nymph on a 5 weight line with a strike indicator. It's a killer set up. I've been working a lot of hours and haven't had a chance to get out yet. I'm going to pick up a fishing license this week. I'm also itching to try out a new macro lens that I picked up on Ebay a few months back. I got a good deal on a Tamron 90mm F2.5 lens. It's still not a 1:1 macro. I think it's a 1:2 magnification. But, It's probably better than what I've been using. Up until now I've been using macro zooms with 1:3 or 1:4 magnification with diopters and/or teleconvertors.