Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Static free tying

If you've ever had problems with your materials trying to stick to your hands or to your vise stem/jaws when your tying give this a try.

Simply take a clothes dryer static sheet and not only wipe your hands with it before you sit down to tie,but wipe down your vise's jaws and stem.

Now you wont have materials stickin to you or your vise instead of falling into the waste bin when you cut them off.

I have had the worse time trying to work with flashabou because when I go to tie it in the static causes it to go everywhere sad.gif

I will try that the next time I attempt to work with it........it better work!

Somebody came up with using Static Guard spray a while ago. This dryer sheet idea is a great idea too! (Just what I wanted to smell like- Mountain Spring Downy! ohmy.gif )

wink.gif

Great tip SD.Mountain spring downy to funny.Well can't be as bad as hunting season here at home.Hunting close in dryer with those sheets that smell like autumn ground up leaves and dirt mixed in.well just found another use for them. biggrin.gif

Cool idea, thanks for sharing it! Now, the flies I swap smell minty fresh from the Altoids can, and the ones at home will smell dryer fresh! (Whoa... I'm getting a Big Daddy Hubbard feelling here...)

Thanks for the tip I always seem to run in to static when evening the tips of deer hair in the hair stacker after 2 or 3 flys on a dry winter day I'm on the verge of pulling my own hair out. For flashabou or maribou I keep a small bowl of water near the bench a small bit gets things under control.

Sign in to follow this