Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dwiltshire

CDC&PTE

Great! I love the ribbing work. The wide flat ribbing gives the appearance of a two toned biot wrap. I will have to put this on my list to tie. Thanks.

Great fly. Dave, slightly off topic, but I applied to be a member of that forum, and I was for 1 day and then I could not log in. Any ideas?

Outstanding pattern and even better step-by-step photos! This looks like a terrific fishing pattern, Dave. Excellent job. :thumbup: :clapping: :cheers:

Thanks Mark - always pleased to get your comments and approval ;)

Old Hat - Pleased you like this effect. It does work a treat and a simple pt body starts to look very alive as you wind. Try it with different size spaces for diffrent effects. With a try with nymphs, dries and buzzers alike.

Sevice Tech - haven't personally had any problems, thouh they did change format/look of the site about a month ago. I'd email them if you can or simply set up a new account. Well worth it. Lots of valuable info to extract with some excellent fishing and tying comments made by some very skillfull individuals.

Let me know how you get on or if I can be of any help.

DW.

Now that's a great looking fly. Is the pattern original? B) .

Hi troutnabout. Difficult question to answer... I haven't taken the fly from another recipe or copied it from someone's instructions. I tied it to my own design and 'CDC & PTE' is the name I gave it. I haven't seen the use of the pt as the swept back wing before. So in that regard...it is original.

However, there's propbably somebody else who's tied and fished a similar pattern, under a different name. So I'll be making no hard and fast claims! :innocent:

The main thing is to experment with new and old ideas and give them a bash. If I share a pattern & people approve, tie it and catch... then were all winning ;)

Very nice tie !

I bet the CDC when wet will give this fly a very opaque look and lots of motion in the current.

Cheers.....Fred