Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
miked

source for white deer hair

Hey all. Well starting to think that I really need to get started on my warmwater tying. One thing I'm thinking of trying this year are diver type flies. My question is does anyone know where I can find Deer hair in white?? I know I can find it in small packs but I'm looking for those strips that are about 15" long. I can find them in just about every color but white. Also I'm lazy and not very adventurous so dying/bleaching my own really is not a plan. Unless someone can give me VERY easy simple instructions!!

Thanks

Mike

I have NEVER been able to find soft white deer hair... Its always really stiff and hard to spin... I don;t know if this is from bleaching or something else...

so I don't recomend trying to bleach some... O.o

Mike .. try Chris Helm out of Ohio and Whitetail Fly Tieing Supplies. Probably the best (IMHO) there is with anything involving deer hair.Tell him what you want and he'll find it for you.

1-800-579-5549

Mike

talk to VERN-O. maybe he can bag one of these for you :hyst:

WHITE DEER

Twofingerz, before my office moved, i sat about 30 feet from a guy who one day said his brother had a hide from one of those that he might be able to get me some of.......that was the last I heard of it. Are those even legal to have? I don't know, but I could believe if they were.

Hi Mike there are a few places that you can get Deer hair in 15" by 2" strips. I order mine through

stream side inc. and He orders them from wapsi or hareline.

So if you are interested George at stream side inc. he might be able to order it.

He can get Deer Belly no problem.

If not PM me and I might be able to help you.

tyrite (Glen Dayton)

id say just get some friends that hunt. you can get a pretty much limitless supply that way. also ive never had any problem spinning white deer belly hair. but then again they are always from deer my dad or his friends shot. so i dont know if the way they tan it or process it can affect it in any way...

Hareline sells premo packs. Don't buy the died on bleach stuff unless you have to have a solid color. I use died natural stuff and after trimming the colors look good. The white stuff for the died natural is just lightly bleached. To much bleach and it makes the hairs to brittle. But give Chris Helm a jingle and he will set you up with what you need. He is the #1 hair guy. IMHO