Fly Tying
deeky

Four-Bird Swap

Well, it's been over a year since I was last in a swap, and life is again allowing me to get back in the game. So I'm going big and hosting another swap.

This is the Four-Bird Swap. All flies must contain feathers from at least four different species of birds - not four different colors of chicken, but four different birds (i.e. chicken, peacock, turkey, golden pheasant, ringneck pheasant, mallard, woodduck, indian crow ;) , etc.). Hopefully the use of four different species will stretch your imagination a little.

This is open to the first 13 tyers including myself. Each tyer will tie 12 of their own pattern (and will not receive one of their own in the return set).

Please toe-tag your flies with your name, pattern name, and the four (or more) species of birds used.

All flies are due in my mailbox by the end of July with pre-addressed envelope INCLUDING return postage in the package.

Let's get it on!

I'm in with my Four-Bird Special

1. Deeky - Four-Bird Special - COMPLETE

2. Student4evr - ??? - RECEIVED

3. Orange Caddis - Four-Bird Soft-Hackle - RECEIVED

4. jeepclown - Beadhead 5 Bird Nymph - RECEIVED

5. michel - ??? - RECEIVED

6. rockworm - Dry fly - RECEIVED

7. DrVette - RECEIVED

8. Charlie Franklin - RECEIVED

Student -

All flies are due to me by the end of July. It's only one month, but a dozen flies isn't that bad, and in my experience, if you put it out longer, I tend to just put it off and get jammed at the end anyway. Hope that works for you. Look forward to having you aboard.

Deeky

I'm in! Is there any size restrictions or fly types (streamers, drys, nymphs etc...)?

Either way, I'm in!

jeepclown -

No size or style restrictions. Whatever you so desire. I think it's more interesting to let the imagination flow and get a better picture of everyone's creativity (scary as that may be ;) ).

Deeky

I'm tying a #16 beadhead 5 bird nymph. Pheasant, peacock, ostrich, turkey, partridge. Looks like it will catch fish to me!

hard to believe no-one signed up with a royal coachman yet. the first 4-bird fly everyone learns to tie

Good call on that one Joe.

Was that an "I'm in" that I heard?

not this time deeky. work has been a bitch lately. I'll catch the next one maybe!