Fly Tying
Dezod

Trout Life Cycle Swap

I've been thinking about this swap for a while. Beings I am done with the flies for the other 2 swaps I was in I thought I'd put another one together.

How do you attack an entire hatch throughtout the day?

Here's how it works. You tie 5 sets of 4 life cycle flies, that's 20 total flies. If I were to tie a mayfly life cycle I would include my:

NYMPH, EMERGER, DUN and SPINNER

People might use more than 4 flies for their hatch, but lets keep it at 4 flies in the "life cycle."

First 5 with I'm in are in. Due Date November 30 or maybe later. You will not get a set of your own flies back.

1.Cencafly- Sulpher

2.Bend Trout Bum- Midge

3.Lostlure- Caddis

4.Student4ever- Green Drake

5.wernstriumph- Red Quill

SM. Dezod- BWO or PMD

That's right Cencafly 5 of each. If you were doing a caddis it might be larva, pupa, emerger, adult. here in Colorado there are a lot of midge hatches, the bugs are small, but people fish larva, emerger, and adult stages maybe a cluster fly. I am interested to see how people go to the water when drakes are hatching, or Red quills, or BWO or caddis' whatever is hatching because a person probably wouldn't fish a dry all day.

Bend Trout Bum

I am glad to have you aboard. I noticed that you just joined the forum today. Please make sure that you read the pinned topic concerning participation in swaps in the "Fly Swap and Contest" section of the forum. Looking forward to the midges.

C

Yup, already did...wanted to make sure I knew what was going on before I jumped in. :D Glad to have found the forum and looking forward to getting involved with the swaps and other features as well!

Lostlure

I added you, glad to have you. I was going to do a caddis if no one else did, but I am glad you jumped in. I will probably do a BWO of some kind. I hope somebody jumps in with a green drake. As the time for teeny tiny flies approaches it would be nice to fantasize about some BIG mayflies :D .

C

Would there be any more interest in this swap if there was a later due date? I guess the date I posted is pretty close to Thanksgiving. If you would be interested with a later due date, please let me know what timeframe would be better.

C

Dezod:

I like the idea. :thumbsup: I'm in. Green drake. And yes it would be better with a little bit more time.

Frank aka student4evr

Thanks for joining Frank... and thanks for going BIG with the green Drakes. Were just waiting for 1 more.

Frank by later do you mean just before Christmas or just after. Please everyone who is in the swap let me know what would be the best time for a due date.

Looking forward to the swap.

C