Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iso18

WHAT IS THE PREFERRED SHIPPING..........

when sending your flies to smallie in the FTOTY contest?

shane

I believe he likes them shipped in a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8... :hyst:

Last year I shipped mine via USPS just like any swap flies I've ever sent, just in a larger package because I took the "shotgun" approach to entering.

Last year I shipped mine via USPS just like any swap flies I've ever sent, just in a larger package because I took the "shotgun" approach to entering.

I mean what type of packaging.I plan to enter 4 categories,any ideas how to package them so the will not be damaged.

shane

the best suggestion I can give you is to secure the hook into some foam so when the post office guys play frisbe with your package it wont get to damaged. I plan on sendig mine in a foam lined Altoids tin.

I thought Will preferred finely engraved vintage Wheatley fly boxes, myself. of course delivered in the Challenger. :hyst:

Cheers, Futzer.

An Altoids tin or a plastic baseball card storage box with a piece of foam glued to the inside works very well.

IM not really sure how he like challengers... I usually wrap mine in hundred dollar bills!!!

I want to join Carp UL, do I need my own gloves?

Cheers Futzer

I mean what type of packaging.I plan to enter 4 categories,any ideas how to package them so the will not be damaged.

shane

Sorry, I thought you meant UPS, FedEx, USPS; insurance, tracking, etc....

What I did for the 10 flies I entered was put them in one of those Christmas tins - you know, the ones in which fruitcake, or candies, magically arrive. I lined it with some tissue paper that we had lying around from someone's present, and then covered them in the same.