Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Claudia

Fore and aft

looks good can I ask what your using as a body material?

Hi there :)

Glad you liked the oldie.

I used white Uni-Floss and black Flashabou as tinsel.

Im sure thats not the original materials ;)

Regards Claudia.

I love using this type of fly for fishing!!!

tyrite

Tyrite.

Im glad you liked it. I only seen patterns with the divided body as ants and in R. C not with a conebody. Do you know if the name is right or wrong spelld?

Claudia

I like this tie a lot Claudia. It would make a great midge (chironomid) cluster pattern.

Claudia, I don't know your style of fishing where you are, but the last couple of flies you have posted would probably be a better fit on the "Coldwater Species Forum" as these seem more like trout flies than Steelhead and Salmon Flies. Just trying to help.

I like this tie a lot Claudia. It would make a great midge (chironomid) cluster pattern.

Claudia, I don't know your style of fishing where you are, but the last couple of flies you have posted would probably be a better fit on the "Coldwater Species Forum" as these seem more like trout flies than Steelhead and Salmon Flies. Just trying to help.

Dear Old hat.

You are right about the mistake i made.

Thank you for correcting me :)

The 2 last Flypatterns are intended for trout....

I found the to last flies in a historybook about flyfishing, and sins i havent seen them befor i just had to tie them and share them with the forum, so that they are not forgotten....

Claudia

Claudia.....trust me.....over here, in the States.....those patterns are ABSOLUTELY NOT forgotten.........especially in the west. But then again.....we have never had the pleasure of seeing your versions.......so keep up the great work. Beautiful tyes. mark.....

I use a very similar pattern to this on a size 16-18 when ants are working. I tie it in black. I never hit the river in the fall without them. I may have to try this colour. Great looking fly.

Thank you, that one is a size 14. iv also make them as ants with shorter hackles and in black or peacock befor. never tryed to fish this one but i tied 20 up in some diffrent colours and i will try it one day.

Claudia