Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tocar

Greetings

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tony and I live in south central Pennsylvania. I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and it just recently dawned on me to join. Picked up a few good tips and I'm looking forward to learning more.

While I've been tying (and fly fishing) since the late '80's, I'd consider myself intermediate in skills.

My latest "addiction" is carp on a fly (and there's just an ever so slightly greater thrill if it's on a dry ;-)

peace-tony c.

Hey Tony, welcome to the forum from SW PA.

Been meaning to try carp fishing on the long rod but haven't tried it yet. What type of dry flies have you caught carp on? For that matter, what flies does one use to catch carp?

Welcome aboard,

You have found a great site. Everyone is ready and willing to help out so just ask. Have fun and jump right in.

Fatman

D.waterflogger,

Most flies used for trout will work for carp (nymphs, crayfish, even some dries). My new favorite is a small damselfly nymph with beadchain eyes. Stealth is the key to hooking these monsters, as they can be spooked easier than a spring creek trout in mid-summer wink.gif

tony c.