Fly Tying
Paul vd Driesche

Pteronarcys Adult

Absolutely beautiful! I can't imagine the amount of time spent on a creation as magnificent as this. Do you have any idea how many hours you put in from start to finish?

:)...thank you guys. Troutninja, It takes me somewhere between 50 and 60 hours to make one on these. Most time is spent on the wings which will take me 6 to 8 hours each to create. You could cheat a little and not make all 4 of the wings and shave off about 12 or 14 hours or so but that's not my style ;)

greets Paul.

Hey Joe,

Thank you so much. I have mentioned it before, reactions like this from people who have actually seen these things live are the best for me. I have to do it all from pics and the internet. You can get pretty close obviously but studying a real and still crawling one would be great....maybe some day.

Greets Paul.

Hey Joe,

Thank you so much. I have mentioned it before, reactions like this from people who have actually seen these things live are the best for me. I have to do it all from pics and the internet. You can get pretty close obviously but studying a real and still crawling one would be great....maybe some day.

Greets Paul.

I took the one I found and took several pics and made a movie with my digi cam....I'll see if I can post them. (I do not have internet home, on a public computer). They realy are quite an insect, oh yea after the movie I let the insect go and it continualy tried to fly back in the house. It eventualy flew away.