Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
shezli

Some fishing flies.

Hey all,

I have been spinning up some flies for the local shop. Here are a few that I have been working on.

Comments welcome.

SheZ

P.s. Didn't pull tight on the tinsel on the blue charm. Learned my lesson!

post-12607-1228021099_thumb.jpg

Hi You

I think its brave of you to tie for a shop sins it takes alot of one to make every fly identical to one other.... The basic guidelines are very importent...

Claudia

She's right.........it is Brave..........but i think challenging is a better word..........women always wanna get romantic. :D :help: :coffee: i can see by the flies that they are not "identical" but they're sure as heck "Close Enough For Jazz" and that's a good thing.........if the shop owner accepts them, and is in your corner and not just his own............you be workin' for the right guy.................if not, you'd be workin' for the wrong guy anyway. They are wonderful flies and will definately catch fish.........any shop owner worth, BLEEP can see that.........Stevie Wonder could see that. Btw, tinsel should never be thought of as something that needs to be "pulled tight".....(when used as ribbing), .....it is something that needs to be "Seated.".....set straight and told to keep good posture. De DIFF! ;) mark..... B)

The guy I work for is pretty chilled out, s no worries of success or failure in that respect. I am learning a lot b turning these puppies out. Setting wings will never be the same for me again. I'm pretty confident that they will fish well.

Anyhow thanks for the comments.

SheZ (Seumas)

The guy I work for is pretty chilled out, s no worries of success or failure in that respect. I am learning a lot b turning these puppies out. Setting wings will never be the same for me again. I'm pretty confident that they will fish well.

Anyhow thanks for the comments.

SheZ (Seumas)

nice flies what is the backer board in the photo you used?

SheZ, i rarely worry bout much.........it doesn't pay. Btw, you have all the natural talent it takes to be able to go as far as you want to go as a fly tyer and i suspect anything else you want in life. It just takes work.........but all work and no play......................you know how that one goes. Just enjoy the journey Shez. You've got an exciting future. mark..... ;)

Thanks mark,

Brian: the background is just a few florican bustard feathers sitting on a riker box.

Thanks

S

May I add Brian, the Shezli's Fluorican Bustard collection is more than I have been able to even purchase in my whole tying career. It is very expensive, and very hard to come by. But doesn't it look soooo cool.

Thanks, and great flies. Futzer

Hey Futzer.

If you have ever used any florican in a married wing, you will see why people started using it in classic patterns. It marries like a dream and is a staple for so many classic patterns (if you're going by the original recipe.)

I think it looks ultra cool when used in the right application :P

Got this pair from Jens Pillgard (sp?) and a show in NJ $50 and that was cheap!

Anyhow, take care eh.

S