Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutnabout

Project Healing Waters Challenge Swap # 2

After finding out what it was like to tie flies with a handicap, an article in the Autumn 2008 issue of FFF Flyfisher magazine caught my eye. A group from the Evergreen Fly Fishing Club in Washington has developed a device that can be attached to a vise they call the extra hand. It is a simple device that should be easy to build and if you get the magazine check it out. Here is a photo with the tools, post-4142-1232319307_thumb.jpg

They will send you information on how to build some for your local PHW group, I know that I am going to try one. If you don't get the FFF magazine and are interested drop me a PM and I will forward you the information.

GJ

GJ Just got my mag yesterday and had the same thoughts about the PHW guys. Thanks for pointing this out. Are you going to be at the Charlotte Fly fishing Show? We will have a booth . Come by andsay hello,meet some of the vets.

I will be working the CFFC booth at the show and hopefully will have time to get one of these built by then for you to look at.

See you at the show and keep up the good work.

GJ

Yah!!! Glad they made it! Sorry about the mess, damned Canadian pigeons? Probably lightening their load for the trip home!

When I was asking for extras,that's not quite what I had in mind :crying: seriously, thanks for the xtras. Hope you are well. Looks like you are making great strides with your PHW project. Congrats,your friend, Steve

Hi All,

I am not exactly sure if I am part of this swap because my name is not on the list and I know I signed up. I do have flies done but I am not queit sure if I am in.

Thanks

Charlie