Fly Tying
mkankmike

You know you're tying to much when...

That happened to me a few times, i told her it was to hot out for all that fur :hyst:

When you go to a friends house to spend the night and when everyone goes to sleep you take hair from all the mounted animals that he shot

Inexcapable logic! :hyst:

when the neghbor complains that he and his wife are inhaling aproxamatly three pounds of fur fibers every mealtime.

Kodiaksalmon, I apologize, but I just can't help it.

You're tying too much when you have a guard dog and a WALK IN SAFE to keep your tying materials. :bugeyes:

P7270002.jpg

You know you are tying too much when your left fore arm is Hulk sized from spinning the Nor-vise.. :thumbup:

or your right fore arm is Hulk sized for those without a rotary vise...to wrap materials on hooks... :flex:

When you beg for the mice your dad catches in the workshop from the mouse traps

Ok Brian, I just got to see something you tied with mouse fur, and do you like the belly fur or the neck fur better?

You know you're tying too much when.....

You modify your leatherman to hold hooks.

You use a video Ipod to display the flies you have tied for potential new customers and the 8 Gb is not enough.

You have used some of your own eyebrows as midge tails.

When you can't wait for the state fair to come, so you can bid on the animals for materials.

When you buy the local fly shop vacuum cleaner bags, so you can have the old ones.

Cheers Futzer.

Did you seriously buy the vacumm cleaner bags from the fly shop?

Well on my mice for a more spiky effect i like the body hair and for fluffy applications, use belly fur died with sugar free koolaid. Ill try to find one of those flies i might have thrown them away but next time we catch a mouse ill tie a fly for ya

Did you seriously buy the vacumm cleaner bags from the fly shop?

Well on my mice for a more spiky effect i like the body hair and for fluffy applications, use belly fur died with sugar free koolaid. Ill try to find one of those flies i might have thrown them away but next time we catch a mouse ill tie a fly for ya

No but in college I volunteered at a shop on weekends for trade in materials and I did take home the vac bags and get the hooks out with a magnet :rolleyes:

Cheers, Jeff

That is smart mouse fur is actually a lot like squirrel :headbang:

You also know your tying too much when your fishing and a duck swims by and happens to shed a feather when your more interested in snagging that feather than catching fish

When you chase the free roaming peacocks at the zoo trying to pull their feathers

Maybe that's why there's no more free roaming peacocks at the zoo here :thumbup:

My girlfriend is keeping a close eye on her dream catcher since she read this forum :lol: