Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
E. Oregon Midge

What dose everbody listen to when tying

I have to listen to wife, daughter, loud tv, dogs barking, phone ringing off the hook, and oh yeah did I mention the wife :wub: whom is so understanding of my passion. Its amazing I get any tying done.

Most of the time I'm jamming the Megadeth Anthology set the world afire cd's. 30 kick azz songs!

Audioslave inbetween.

Lots of Kid Rock on hand also.

Amy Winehouse If I'm in the mood.

Lots of old school cd's on hand Kiss,Cinderlla,Ratt,Warrant,Primus,Rage,G&R,Dokken,LaGuns,Skidrow,Pantera,I.C.P,Metallica "garage days,ride the lighting,master of puppets and kill em all" The sell outs sucked after that.

Brent

I'm coming over to tie at your house!!!

Favorite would be Green Day (Bullet in a Bible, American Idiot)

On the radio alternative and 70's 80's rock (for you guys from around Chicago Q101.1 and 104.3)

There is absolutly nothing wrong with christian gospel, it would do you alot more good than something like pink floyd or Metallica. Plus, you can actually hear what they are saying.

I've been a fisherman and a musician most of my life, but for whatever reason I rarely mix fishing and music. On my tying bench I have a portable DVD player and I'll usually pop in some type of fishing or tying DVD and just listen to it in the background while I tie. I especially like the "Fly Tying, the Anglers Art" series by Dave Engerbrettson and LeRoy Hyatt.

smalliefanatic, I have to disagree. Metallica and Pink Floyd are awesome! :P

I'm pretty sure I already replied but I'll do it again. I really like older rock from the 70's and 80's, Some newer less mainstream rock, and Hippie music. I listen to tons of stuff like:

RUSH!, The Doors, Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Airplane, Neil Young, The Mars Volta, Dio, The White Stripes, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, The Black Crowes, The Who, The Byrds, Queen, Oasis, Wolfmother, Flogging Molly, Kansas, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rage Against the Machine, The occasional CannonBall Adderly (jazz), and pretty much anything else in my CD collection.

I love music and I love listening while I tie. I've got a nice stereo with a 5 cd changer and sometimes I'll tie so long that I go through all the Cd's and it'll start over. My selection just depends on my mood.