Fly Tying
mikey99

"Go-To" Fly Swap

I'm in! I love this swap theme!

I'll be submitting what is essentially a Hendrickson nymph with a simple-stupid, top secret finishing touch that makes it deadly... it's my go to simply because it is also a great all purpose brownish, olive nymph. If it's okay, I'll send it in 14 and 16. (I usually carry it in 14 - 18)

My bonus fly will be a partridge and green with a glass bead thorax.

I will be tying what i caught my first fish on and it is the one that works everytime i havent caught anything i put it on and it is like a magnet to the fish.. It is also the first fly i used so i blam it for my new obsesion. :wallbash: lol i love this way of fishing it is a blast to catch fish on somthing you have made and love to do..

I'm in if there are any spots left open. This would be my first swap. I wouldn't be proud to ty my true go to fly as it is ridiculously simple thing of black thread with two wraps of dry hackle in the middle. Killer fly. Probably tie an adams dry, bivisible or a soft hackle. Let me know which you would like me to contribute.

I also don't understand the requirement for materials, please explain.

I'm in if there are any spots left open. This would be my first swap. I wouldn't be proud to ty my true go to fly as it is ridiculously simple thing of black thread with two wraps of dry hackle in the middle. Killer fly. Probably tie an adams dry, bivisible or a soft hackle. Let me know which you would like me to contribute.

Can you at least post a picture of your Killer fly?

Hi all, sorry for not posting sooner as I have been away for the last few days. The swap has filled up. If you didn't get in this time, keep an eye open for future swaps. As for the "bonus," to clarify, it can be a few flies, or a little material. Not set rules, just use your judgment. Any questions let me know!

(

Can you at least post a picture of your Killer fly?

Sure I'll tie one or pull one from the box and photo it in the next day or so. it really is nothing but I guess it imitates a midge. I tie it on a 18-22 dry fly hook wth 8/0 black and two twists of like sized grizzley hack just a bit forward of middle. a guy on the stream showed me it and it truly works well. My buddy's new go to fly is a simple Al' Rat. go figure.

Can't wait to get in on a swap. sounds like fun. I started one for the first winter meeting of my kayak fishig club. www.dvkfclub.com.

simple is sometimes the ticket..........a fly I use on spring creeks is as simple as it gets....... size 24 hook.........black thread wraps--sparse and a few turns of black ostrich herl..........just watch for the white of the mouth in the area of your fly and gently lift up......head shakes, fish on...........you can tie it in tan, olive, white.....whatever.....to match the midges in your area..............

quick story..........fishing with a friend........on a training mission perse...........with other friends and a few more anglers............nobody is catching a thing..........after about 1.5 hours our friends leave........other anglers stay put........I tell my buddy that I have one fly that will work, but only ONE and that we now have to share the rod.............for the next hour or so.......we giggled like little school girls...........one fish after another.....you could hear the grumbling down the line.........finally one angler asks what we are using........I yell out: WAXWORMS.........nothing but waxworms.............the gent scratches his head and walks over............I show him the fly...........he says............heck, I can't fish with that........I can't see it..........and we are still giggling.........and tell the guy--but this is what the fish want.........he must have thought we were nuts..............we finally lost the fly to a fish and called it a day............it was fun.........it was funny..........and we caught fish.........couldn't help but laugh..........we tried it all........and in the end.........it took the smallest fly........with the least amount of materials to get the job done.............

what is a waxworm? the fly you described with the ostrich her.?

waxworm is a waxworm--- bee moth larvae.....live bait......it was a joke..........we were in a fly fishing only area..........

no name to the fly..........guess you could call it.........Barely there.........or almost nothing fly

I'll see if I can't tie one up and post it..............might be a few days...........little ones and christmas and visiting all the relatives..............but the wife bought me a new camera for christmas.............Canon XSI...........sweet sweet sweet--might take a little bit to adjust to all the functions...............I do own a RebelG...........but this is an entirely new world....puts my other digital cameras to shame...........but I do love my Olympus Stylus 720 SW.......it replaced my Canon sureshot A1 w/ panorama....................underwater capable camera-----that camera served me well since 1994 and is still going strong.......

Merry Christmas.............120 am and finally done doing the last minute christmas stuff.................a few hours sleep before the kids are scratching the walls......................................SANTA................

HO HO HO........................................hope everyone's day is JOLLY

Hi all -

I just posted the fly I'm sending in for the swap in the coldwater forum its called caddis pupa. I move around a bit and have tried this NH, SW PA and recently in SE PA (Upper bucks on the perk). Seems to catch the fishies. Sorry no funny story, I'm not a funny guy :bugeyes:

I always want to use more cdc in my flies, it really adds a nice action. This or a trailing shuck comparadun is what I reach for first.

I plan to try the Little Lehigh for my first time on Monday and will toss this in for a good in between midges.

I need the addy to send these too!

I hope you all enjoy, I think its pretty simple to tie but if my directions don't do it for you send me a PM.

Hi all -

I just posted the fly I'm sending in for the swap in the coldwater forum its called caddis pupa. I move around a bit and have tried this NH, SW PA and recently in SE PA (Upper bucks on the perk). Seems to catch the fishies. Sorry no funny story, I'm not a funny guy :bugeyes:

I always want to use more cdc in my flies, it really adds a nice action. This or a trailing shuck comparadun is what I reach for first.

I plan to try the Little Lehigh for my first time on Monday and will toss this in for a good in between midges.

I need the addy to send these too!

I hope you all enjoy, I think its pretty simple to tie but if my directions don't do it for you send me a PM.

A good starting point is at the Little Lehigh Fly Shop.

http://www.littlelehighflyshop.com/