Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Micke

I do not know if I dare post this fly

I do not know if I dare post this fly here, it will present a bumblebee hope you have been indulgent. I used chenille for the body and legs, and raffia to the wings.

Micke

post-4373-1230403355_thumb.jpg

post-4373-1230403375_thumb.jpg

post-4373-1230403401_thumb.jpg

Its a great start of you to become a realistic flytyer, it looks nice. i think its good you posted youre bumblebee in here. that way some of the guyes in here can help you what materials to use and how to do.

Keep up the good work Micke, sweet tying :thumbsup:

C

Good job. Did you try the spider and beetle? You will learn techniques tying those patterns that will help you on the more complex patterns.

Good job. Did you try the spider and beetle? You will learn techniques tying those patterns that will help you on the more complex patterns.

Hi!

Fred and thanks,I get your stuff and I shall try to tie the other flies to, I think its fun to try to tie realistic flies.

Micke

Micke...Having tied a few bumblebees myself (my favorite bee in the wild) I know the challenges this pattern can present. I can't tell from the photo, but it looks like only 4 legs instead of 6 legs were tied? Nothing wrong with that...my first couple of attempts were with no legs just so I could get the hang of the pattern. I then worked my way up to 6 legs. You've certainly have the chenille/leg technique down. They look nice and thin. Coloring is good. What pens do you use? Or, are you using yellow and black ostrich herl? Post another attempt when you are finished.

Thanks for sharing.

Thom

Micke...Having tied a few bumblebees myself (my favorite bee in the wild) I know the challenges this pattern can present. I can't tell from the photo, but it looks like only 4 legs instead of 6 legs were tied? Nothing wrong with that...my first couple of attempts were with no legs just so I could get the hang of the pattern. I then worked my way up to 6 legs. You've certainly have the chenille/leg technique down. They look nice and thin. Coloring is good. What pens do you use? Or, are you using yellow and black ostrich herl? Post another attempt when you are finished.

Thanks for sharing.

Thom

Hi!

Tom,you have right about the legs its only 4 :wallbash: I think the chenille its nice to work whit but next time im going to try some little ultra chenille to the legs.

I have used chenille to the body to and ostrich to back of the fly,but I going to use ostrich to the hole body next time.

Micke

Great fly. :headbang: :yahoo: Nice tie. :headbang: :yahoo:

Just wondering,but is that fly fishable? :dunno:

I have not try to fish the fly,but i think that <_<

Micke