Fly Tying
j74snook

Saltwater swap

I'm sure she will. Big girls do things that the skinny ones wont. lol

thanks j74snook

:hyst: I totally agree. As kids we always said they gave the best ............... :rolleyes:

I'm sure she will. Big girls do things that the skinny ones wont. lol

thanks j74snook

:hyst: I totally agree. As kids we always said they gave the best ............... :rolleyes:

you guys aint right! :hyst:

Recieved flies from airedale today. great tie bud. I will be sending out flies saturday morning if post office is open. I'm not sure if it is. I live in a small town but will send them out by monday at the latest. I just want to say thank you to you all for making this a very good swap and tying great flies that are all fish gitters. Hope to have yall in more swaps. thanks j74snook

Got my package today. Felt like a little kid the past two days going to the mailbox. It was worth the wait. I really like all of the flies. I especially like snook's grass shrimp. It will be deadly in the salt creeks up here by docks and such.

The streamer mouse tied will be a real weakfish killer. Mouse is that weighted inside the body?

That murdered muppet from RM is certainly interesting. What is the material? craft fur? Is there a special technique for tying that or do you tie it like a deceiver?

Thanks all! Great swap snook.

Snook I wouldnt complain about the short hours at your post office. They didnt postmark my envelope so I have $1.72 in free reusable stamps. :headbang:

Guest rich mc

yes it is craft hair by hareline. cut a strip the backing crosscut wise, then pull ,it will streach into a rope . then hackle on. it give bulk without holding water. rich

Got my package today. Felt like a little kid the past two days going to the mailbox. It was worth the wait. I really like all of the flies. I especially like snook's grass shrimp. It will be deadly in the salt creeks up here by docks and such.

The streamer mouse tied will be a real weakfish killer. Mouse is that weighted inside the body?

That murdered muppet from RM is certainly interesting. What is the material? craft fur? Is there a special technique for tying that or do you tie it like a deceiver?

Snook I wouldnt complain about the short hours at your post office. They didnt postmark my envelope so I have $1.72 in free reusable stamps. :headbang:

Thanks bro. It was a pleasure doing this swap as the grass shrimp is my favorite to tie. I would have tied it on a 10 x steamer hook but only had two left and the shop i goto was out. Well good deal on the envelope. Small towns are good for something. :drunk:

No it's not weighted...I find they dive when retrieved but I'm not near saltwater so I don't know how they will perform in the Ocean...I hope they work out...

Got my package today, all are great looking flies. I really like the muppet and shrimp.

Snook what do you use to make the tail stiff? is that super glue?

Got my package today, all are great looking flies. I really like the muppet and shrimp.

Snook what do you use to make the tail stiff? is that super glue?

I use my bodkin and apply gloss coat to shellback and tail on top and bottom. you can also use thinned opoxy but I find it easier and less mess with gloss coat.

I got my flies today. What a great addition to my collection. I'm addicted to tying saltwater flies but as I live no where near saltwater, I just collect them until that day when I use them. I'll be in Flroida this year and these flies will be going with me.

J74snook, great swap and I love that shrimp. I'll be using that one up here in freshwater and will be tying some for myself.

The Murdered Puppet will also double as a great Steelhead fly up here.

Thanks everyone for such great looking flies. My collection is now looking really good.