Fly Tying
Sketch

Any eBayers here?

Have you ever or do you actively participate in the eBay marketplace?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With over 1,000 members here, curiousity got the best of me and I was wondering if anyone else uses eBay. I've been active off and on with eBay since 1998 occasionally buying a few items, but mostly selling. I'm not very active in the summer months, but can get pretty busy with it in the fall, winter and early spring.

Any other eBayers out there? Got any interesting stories to tell? If you've never done eBay, why not?

Use it all the time to buy and to sell all kinds of items. The advantage for me is that I can sell some things, put the proceeds in my paypal account, and then buy what I feel like either on ebay or thru a virtual credit card paypal offers. The wife never sees anything:).

I done both and had, for the most part, a positive experience. The section with flytying materials has gone downhill over the last 2 years. I used to pick up some really good deals on hooks and exotic plumage.

I have bought and sold on ebay for I think 4 years now. I have only ever had one auction bite me, and that was shipping to a canadian. No offense to Pujic or any other canadians on this board, but every difficult aution I have ever had, except one, was from canada. The problem with shipping to them is Customs. Customs holds up packages a lot of times for two months, people get pissed at you thinking you did not send the package when you did.

They all work out in the end though.

john

Ebay "sniper" here baby laugh.gif i've sold alot and bought alot on ebay. I watch a item i want and wait till the end of the auction with a stop watch and only bid with about 10 seconds left devil.gif

now proud of it but its about the only way to get something it seems now.

SD

Very unhappy ebayer here mad.gif . I have sold quite a bit over the years and never had a problem.

I just sold a Jungle Cock Cape on there and I put "US Only" and of course somebody from Finland won the auction dry.gif

Now I gotta find out if I am even allowed to ship the cape overseas dunno.gif

That is a problem. Some international people just cant read. I feel bad for some folks though like Gregor. I went to numerous shipping sites, ups, usps, fed ex, and dhl. Price quotes for a 5 pound 12 x 12 x 12 box ranged from 22 dollars (taking 4 to 6 weeks) to 246.00 (dhl)

john

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Jun 30 2004, 05:46 PM)

I just sold a Jungle Cock Cape on there and I put "US Only" and of course somebody from Finland won the auction dry.gif

Will...do you have any idea how hard it is for me to NOT slam ya with a joke right here? wallbash.gif

but alas i will hold back.......for now. laugh.gif

use it quite a bit, if not for some window shopping at the least. I have bought and sold items ranging from books to fishing gear to hand tools to sunglasses. haven't had a bad deal yet. Will, I'd contact ebay and see if you can void that auction because the moron bid on something when you had it that you will only ship to the US. seems to me that there was some way of resolving that.

steve

dear god! what is ebay?? I LOVE IT! somewhere in the world people aren't inundated with "do you know the way to use ebay" commercials! where do you live, it sounds like a nice place! LOL.

ebay is an online auction site.

www.ebay.com

has all sorts of stuff from absolute garbage to nice stuff.

steve