Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JustinDavis

Be my Valentine Swap

The only Valentine I want is some nice RED flies.

Here it is. A Valentines Day Swap. This is going to have to be a fast one. A little under a month to get them to me.

13 Tiers including me, so first 12 with "I'm in" (You tie 12 flies-- you don't get one of your own back.)

The fly must contain a major component that is RED Dry fly, wet fly.... what ever you want.

The flies must be to me by Valentine's Day (Feb 14) and I will ship them two days later.

Caution!! Caution!! I live in Canada. So be sure you can get them tied and sent to me before the 14th. All are welcome.

All swap rules apply.

Remember: the toe tags, return postage, the deadline, and have some fun

1.JustinDavis --> Red PT Klinkhammer

2.2bonthewater --> TBD

3.flies & photos --> TBD

Come one, come all.

All I see is the color RED

I'm In.............Valentines Day is my birthday........... :headbang:

Fly to be Determined --- red midgy thing or a Death Stonefly in a red color (used for salmon and steelhead), not sure what I'll come up with.........

trying to determine if i could have them done and sent in time about how long should it take for shipping from ohio and return postage should be the same as postage to send it to you right? just a couple questions before i jump in. sounds like a lot of fun. will let you know if i am in after the answers.

thanks

trying to determine if i could have them done and sent in time about how long should it take for shipping from ohio and return postage should be the same as postage to send it to you right? just a couple questions before i jump in. sounds like a lot of fun. will let you know if i am in after the answers.

thanks

The last swap packet I sent cost approximately $6.50 Canadian, for Small Parcel Air. I can't remember what the time was for the air. I believe the regular ground mail, was like 7-10 days for the Czech swap I did.

I'm pretty sure you could count on it getting here if you had it off on the 3rd or 4th. I think US postal is a little better than Canada Post.

So thats maybe a week and a half to tie?

As for postage, if it needs another dollar or two from me, that's fine, I just don't want to pay the whole postage for everyone (obviously). :rolleyes:

Either way, if time is as issue, we could probably be a little lenient with the deadline. If it would make it easier for people to join.

I should of thought of the swap sooner.

Anyways, if your up for it. We'd love to have you.

Justin

Hey Justin I think the Valentine's Swap is a great idea but time is growing short and thought maybe you would be up to shelving it for next year and perhaps entertaining a St. Patty's Swap with a little green and some luck of the irish find it easier to fill the swap; due to the extended deadline into March.... Just a suggestion! :rolleyes:

Thanks Jerome

Well,

Due to the lack of time / lack of interest I am going to take Jerome's advice and shelve this swap until perhaps next year.

I am not going to give up though, and I am going to again take Jerome's idea and throw out a St. Patty's day swap.

So look out for it.

Thanks for the interest 2bonthewater, and flies & photos, sorry for the flop.

This swap is Cancelled.