Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Satchmo

Spring Cleaning Swap

Maybe people think that we are cleaning out the crappy flies from our fly boxes and sending them in???

I haven't and I assume no one else is... I just took 12 flies that were sitting on my tying desk and mailed them off. This is the quickest and easiest swap I have ever done.

Perhaps I should have said send in 12 of your most cherished trout flies of any kind. If you'd like to join and send in the best representations in your fly box then please feel free to enter.

They'd share with you! Give til it hurts!

hippies.jpg

what type of flies are everybody sending in? just wondering if different people from different areas are going to send in completely different types of flies. i.e. i send in a dozen size -20 midges and someone else sends in saltwater flies. i really don't care what i get in return. i will end up putting them into my collection anyways. but someone may end up with some flies that are great. but useless to them.

tonight i will get the flies i am sending in together and post a picture or a list of what is coming.

ll

what type of flies are everybody sending in? just wondering if different people from different areas are going to send in completely different types of flies. i.e. i send in a dozen size -20 midges and someone else sends in saltwater flies. i really don't care what i get in return. i will end up putting them into my collection anyways. but someone may end up with some flies that are great. but useless to them.

tonight i will get the flies i am sending in together and post a picture or a list of what is coming.

ll

I plan on sending in orange stimulators.

Thats awesome Mikey, I was thinking about a stimulator swap after this. Fly Tyer's winter 2007 issue has 10 different ways to tie the stimulator, and they are fun to tie so that might be my next endevor.

Thats awesome Mikey, I was thinking about a stimulator swap after this. Fly Tyer's winter 2007 issue has 10 different ways to tie the stimulator, and they are fun to tie so that might be my next endevor.

Funny you should mention that article, as I was just looking through it the other day. Lots and lots of possibilities!

I'm in, where do I have to send them too.....went through a phase of Damsel nymphs at the end of last season, time to share the fruits of my labour I think.

I will be shipping tomorrow morning...............12 different flies.............trout / bluegill flies

they will all catch fish...........sorry, no flies for the salt

even a few flies for the swapmeister :headbang:

Ok peoples, I have recently received a message from Mr. Steelhead and he will be adding a special bonus for those here. I will ask that anyone that has not yet shipped their flies to please bump up the return envelopes postage. I have found that shipping my flies back to me in an altoid tin from anywhere in the US cost me $1.34, slightly more when I was in a bugger swap, do to the weighted flies.

All I ask is that if you havent sent your packages yet please put a couple 42 cent stamps inside your tin, if it is not required for return postage it will be mailed back to you in your return package. I belive you all are going to be more than pleasantly supprised. And no, I will not be giving any hints, you'll have to just wait and see. :D If you have already shipped your flies out then don't sweat it.

Also, I belive I have sent private messages to all the swappers here, since I didnt save all my sent messages, if I missed you and you are in need of my address please let me know.

Satchmo, your little box in on it's way, should be there by Tuesday, have fun and enjoy and to everyone who is participating in this swap, you are all welcome, enough said.