Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
j74snook

baitfish swap

I was tying up some tube flies for next season and came across a great one for baitfish....Are tube flies OK for a swap...yes or no? Either way is OK for me, as I know some poeple don't use tube flies.

I would love a tube fly. Your choice.

OK, I finished these up and will be ready for the mail tomorrow.

I'm sending to the same addy as the saltwater swap Snook did last month, unless you tell me otherwise.

My flys are done and if my wife can get too the post office in Monday they will be sent. Mouse I see you are tying a tube fly. I dont have any and never tied one, how do you fish it.

Kevin

OK, I finished these up and will be ready for the mail tomorrow.

I'm sending to the same addy as the saltwater swap Snook did last month, unless you tell me otherwise.

Same addy saltydog.

My flys are done and if my wife can get too the post office in Monday they will be sent. Mouse I see you are tying a tube fly. I dont have any and never tied one, how do you fish it.

Kevin

I assume you mean rigging the hook. Your leader is fed through the tube and tied to a hook behind the tube. When the fish is hooked, teh tube runs free on the line and the hook sets. try doing a search on the web or youtube for "tube fly rigging. They are very effective.

here's a good site to show how. really easy.

http://www.canadiantubeflies.com/riggingtubeflies.html

We got the first set of flies from atroutbum2 today and they are a great tie. Thanks for the extras. I'll put them all to good use. I really like the cricket. I am going to the chipola river this weekend for some stump knockers and try to have a fish fry. Thanks j74snook

Just received some truley great ties today from easternfly. When wet I bet they are a looker. Just a reminder though ... You need to send a self addressed stamped envelope in with your flies. Eastern fly sent a self addressed but no postage. Don't worry Easternfly I'll take care of it this time. Great tie though so its worth paying for them.

I was not aware of the problem with the postage. My wife just told me after I read you post. IWe have not had a problem before. She said they didn't know how much to put on it. It is not the first time we have sent flys. Let me know what I owe you. Thanks

Kevin

I was not aware of the problem with the postage. My wife just told me after I read you post. IWe have not had a problem before. She said they didn't know how much to put on it. It is not the first time we have sent flys. Let me know what I owe you. Thanks

Kevin

Don't worry about it bud. Nothin but a thing, got ya covered. Thanks

Got flies from riffleriversteelheadslayer yesterday. I have got to get some of that synthetic hair. Man that stuff just screams live bait. Great tye.