Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Wulff

Few recent pics...Dial Warning...large post

I love shooting in winter, its probably my favorite time of year to shoot. Just wish is wasn't so damn cold most of these have been shot when its -20 before wind chill. And that there were more opportunities like fishing etc. Foreword not all of these are wild

New Years day. In fact first light Jan 1st 2009.

p459891509.jpg

Been shooting some Greenheads trying to potential cover shots for next year.

p909908156.jpg

p698681247.jpg

Small Package, Big Attitude

p805172463.jpg

Wish my wife looked this good at fist light

p900462627.jpg

Winterscape

p752587861.jpg

Sparring Session

p784801846.jpg

Don't bother me

p661361.jpg

On thin Ice

p545859116.jpg

Over the Hill and Far Away

p863702626.jpg

No words neccessary

p847205632.jpg

Ambush

p829988910.jpg

Solitude

p630944932.jpg

On the news front I have a couple full page colors in a popular magazine this month, with good prospects of many more later this year.

Excellent work Wulff, thanks for sharing them. Cheers, Futzer.

As usual, these are really really good! I think John is becoming one of my favorite outdoor photographers.

Troutgeek I would agree with you. Awesome shots John as usual. I love the first one the most. I'm just a sucker for sunrise and sunset pictures. I also know how hard it is to take those pictures. The owl is awesome. The last wolf shot is also a fav. All of them top notch! You are the man---I wanna be like John :)

I'm hoping Jay.

Last Aug/Sept an Art Director for one of the mags I'm trying to do stuff with asked me if I had any Mallards. Mallards being so common and less interesting than hawks, Owls, White Tail, Steelhead, etc of coarse I had none to offer. 2 months laterI saw the cover and said damn...Made it a mission to mkae sure I have a couple dozen suitable Mallard images for next fall in case some magazine wants one for a cover :)

hopefully by August I'll have a couple covers by then anyways ( I think at this point I have 2 scheduled for later 2009 ) but now Im thinking ahead and am trying to fill gaps in my libraries.