Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
B.C.TroutHunter

Too much free time = wierd flies

Ok, I was realy bored these last few days so I tied some of my own creations. Now I would like to ask wether you guys think any of these would work and for which species of fish (I can't try them out myself anytime soon scince my next fishing trip is in middle of September)

Fly #1. Silver holographic tinsel body, red floss butt, solver beadchain eyes, natural canadian goose feather segment tail, badger tied in at front eyes and at back near tail, badger for fins, and red floss band behind eyes.

post-3-1089874586.jpg

fly #2, My pride and joy (ya, ya, go ahead and laugh at the stupid begginer).

Pheasant tail fibber tail, brown dubbing abdomen with clear shelback and brown thread ribbing, brown dubbing thorax with two pheasant tail fibbers after evry two wraps of dubbed thread, and pheasant tail wingcase.

post-3-1089874643.jpg

fly#5

This picture is exceptionaly bad. It has a peacock herl abdomen with copper ribbing, white with black edged biots for tail and wings/legs, brown ostrich herl thorax, and clear ziplock bag piece for wingcase.

post-3-1089875010.jpg

I see nothing wrong with those flies. Each one will catch fish.

Fly tying allows you to be as creative, every pattern started some where.

Remember its not always the pattern that draws the strike, presentation is just as important if not more.

Boys, I thinks we's bein' duped heah ohmy.gif - if'n this yung'un is a BEGINNAH, like he says, then I'll eat my Stetson!!! blink.gif

Nice- I say, very nice work y'all's doin' theah, Son!!! biggrin.gif

Son, if'n y'all has thet fancy flatlander camera t'take photographs of all y'all's beeyootiful work, then y'should do step-by-steps and post 'em in the database!

Y'all're doin' some terrible fine work theah, boy!!! biggrin.gif

Wait a second, shoot time flies. I have been tying for around four months. So I don't know If I am quite a beginner, but compared to some of those other bugs tied on this forum, these are nothing. Well thank you all for your compliments.