Fly Tying
iso18

quick question.Traditional dry flies.......

thanx guys--futz and rockworm

my 80% of my heads you could lay a #32 hook 0r 30 on depending on hook size 12-14 etc.

shane thanx again

Shane

You say you have trouble stacking the calftail? You will be interested in knowing that Lee Wulff did not believe in stacking his hair. He didn't like the look of wings or tails that looked like "paintbrushes". Instead, he evened the clumps out roughly by hand- removing the longer stragglers and adding them in at about the same length as the others. As for calftail, Wulff simply was not aware of this material when he was creating his Gray Wulff, White Wulff and his Scragglies. I believe in later years he wrote that he would have used calftail in these patterns, had he known about this material.

Shane

You say you have trouble stacking the calftail? You will be interested in knowing that Lee Wulff did not believe in stacking his hair. He didn't like the look of wings or tails that looked like "paintbrushes". Instead, he evened the clumps out roughly by hand- removing the longer stragglers and adding them in at about the same length as the others. As for calftail, Wulff simply was not aware of this material when he was creating his Gray Wulff, White Wulff and his Scragglies. I believe in later years he wrote that he would have used calftail in these patterns, had he known about this material.

Interesting.........I believe i will still stick to the buck tail mostly though,just tyed half a dozen and they look more professional than the calf tail ones.But the calf tail does give a more buggy look,but the only streams i fish wullfs in r fast current and pocket water and dont believe the trout has time to distinguish if it is calf or buck tail.

thanks for the replys rock :) worm

shane