Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pera

"Realistic" Perch

Agreed. You can overpower a pike or muskie with "too" much fly.

Here's my "natural" perch. My bars are heavy on this one because it's freshly tied, and not yet been used. But I also do my bars heavy because they tend to weaken underwater, and I think muskie key on them. I also tie "perch" in pink, red and white too, just for the bars.

P1060029.jpg

Gosh Kodiak that not a fly it has lip...lure chucker!....heathen!!!........ LOL you know I'm kidding!!! But my real question is what are you doing taking pics of flies at 2:11 AM?

Gosh Kodiak that not a fly it has lip...lure chucker!....heathen!!!........ LOL you know I'm kidding!!! But my real question is what are you doing taking pics of flies at 2:11 AM?

Dude, 2:11 AM, I'm just getting started! I'm a night owl, and I've seen many a Sunrise while tying.

And I think you know I tie, shall we say..."aggressively." ;)

An here's my perch variant more "fire tiger" than a natural color. I've just had better luck with Fire Tiger lures than with the natural perch lures so I've carried it over into my flies.

gallery45b18c68e32fa.jpg