Fly Tying
Horseshoes

My Neighbour's Spring Choice SWAP/CONTEST

any idea how much it will cost to mail the flies from alberta to N.S. ?

Last fly swap i think i did some thing wrong, but it was ridiculously expensive to mail.

Make sure your container/envelope is thinner than 20mm, it should cost less than $2 for Canada and just over $2 for US destinations.

Welcome fishing magician to the swap and your fly will be great can't wait to see a visible- kinda like a bivisible but only one colour of hackle.

Thanks Houndog couldn't remember how much it was.

http://www.canadapost.ca/Personal/RatesPri...sDocuments.aspx This is the site for postage and remember to add taxes.

:yahoo:

You did good finding that, I looked with not much luck. Great info for us swappers in the north :)

any idea how much it will cost to mail the flies from alberta to N.S. ?

Last fly swap i think i did some thing wrong, but it was ridiculously expensive to mail.

Make sure your package is not too thick (an Altoids tin is just over the size limit) and it should be OK. Mailing cost is the same from anywhere to anywhere in Canada. Alberta to Nova Scotia costs no more than it would cost to send it from Edmonton to Red Deer.

I use old cassette tape cases they fit within the limits. Mind you, my tapes are starting to splay all over the place. I'll have to finish transferring them on to my computer. But they work with an insert glued in to help hold the hooks in place.

I fold the return envelope in half and slide to one side and put in the case standing on end on the otherside. Sometimes I will put a little plastic bubbles on top of the return envelope just to even the shape of the envelope, to help keep the edges down. This keeps the height to the minimum requirements.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: CALLING AROUND THE WORLD :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Half filled now. Those trout resting in the mud waiting for our flies to torment them.

.......................................... :hyst: :hyst: ......................................................

Okay we are half full and if it doesn't fill soon I will insure all will be well and if it is only us then you get twice the opportunity for the hooks.

So people if you don't want to make it easier for the 6 already in to win the hooks then you best sign up soon.

Someone will win no matter what. Not to mention our quality flies.

Surprised this has not filled yet...

If we each tie a dozen we will get back two of each, that sounds okay to me :)

I'm in............I can get some tied up........

pattern to be determined..........

:headbang:

I'm in - Bead Head Chironomid. Should be fun to see the postman's face when I tell him there's flies in the envelope. :hyst:

Good to have you two aboard. Welcome 2bonthewater and rich5665.

My postal workers are getting quite the kick out of the flies I have been sending out. They are very curious as to what I will eventually receive. So am I.

Well, just four more spots. Let's see if we can finish it up.

Thanks again for joining rich5665 and 2bonthewater. :yahoo: :yahoo: