Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bgause1

A few Big Puglisi style flies

Im not adding these to the database I dont think. But who knows. Maybe I will.

First off please excuse the pictures if they dont look great. I dont have the best camera and the lighting was not ideal.

The story behind these two flies I just dug out of a pile of quasi rejects I had sitting in a drawer: I had just bought some EP fiber materials for the first time probably a little over a year ago now. I was at a friends for a tying session when I started playing around a bit with the fibers seeing what I could do. My friend and his dad wanted to see how big of a fly I could do. So I snelled a hook onto another to make a tandem rig and tied in some EP fibers. The result was the large minnow like one. A few days later sitting at home I made the rainbow trout one. Ive never really used them though I suppose they could work. The fibers are a bit thick and I got better with practice so these along with a few others ended up in a bag somewhere to be looked at later to see how far Ive come. Was thinking about them today and thought I would dig them out. Unfortunately the storage kinda twisted them up. I tried getting them to look better and straighten the fibers some but I gave up. Anywho here are the pictures:

post-18649-1238816848_thumb.jpg

post-18649-1238816860_thumb.jpg

The rainbow one looks a lot like a fly that worked great for a friend of mine on a local river known for large predatory browns. He caught an above average 18" using a fly nearly identical fished on sinking line in late April.

Oh ya! Those are awesome. I would love to have them in my pike box. Those would probably work great.