Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

The village

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know, that if you`re going to the movies, don`t watch the village. It was a waste of my money. They make it look good, but it`s really not. If anyone has seen the movie, and disagree, or even agree, please post. I saw it last night, and another member wanted to know how it was, and I`ve talked to a few other people who were gonna see it, so I thought I`d tell yall it wasn`t any good.-redneck

I haven't seen it yet, but it must be awfully hard for the director to make a suspenseful movie at this point because the whole audience is EXPECTING the big twist in it somewhere.

I think he set the bar pretty high with The 6th Sense, didn't quite reach it again with Unbreakable, and came close with Signs.

I'm not defending the guy, but think about it. How do you keep catching the audience off-guard when your films are known to have all of these twists and surprises?

Wife and kids went to see it and they were kind of split, the wife and daughter liked it and the son hated it, he thought it was gonna get gory and he was disappointed.

I do have one question though, after the crew got back from seeing it they were calling around to all their friends to find out the following. I don't know what scene or part of the movie I haven't seen it but my wife and daughter swear that somewhere in the movie they heard a cell phone ringing??

Did any of you hear this??

Fatman

Is it possible that the ringing phone belonged to someone in the theatre and just seemed to be in the movie?

If not, that's a pretty big editing boo-boo. blink.gif

I guess Dble Haul is right. I guess I was expecting a movie likes signs or somethin...somethin gory, but it just wasn`t. Oh, and no, I don`t remember hearing a cell phone ring.-redneck

Boy, I really hope that nobody is giving away plot lines here. That would be a real bummer for those of us who haven't seen the film yet.

Yeah, I agree completely. I'm 16, and work at the local cinema. It came out friday of last week I think, and I saw it two days before it came out to the public(one of my perks). It was terrible. There was one creature, and it was a gigantic hedgehog in a red robe. SCA-RY! I don't think there was one person who liked it out of all the employess whoo saw it, and the theatre had close to 50 people in it. Terrible movie. BTW, if anyone wants to know about a movie, just drop me a pm or whatever.

Oh yeah. One thing some people don't notice. M. Night Shymalan always puts himself into his movies. He was the guy at the desk when the security gaurd was stealing the penicillin. Kind of neat eh?

QUOTE (J. Johnson @ Aug 4 2004, 02:57 PM)
Your name would happen to be from a movie and a mouse would it

what?-redneck

Here's an idea: Nobody gives away freaking ends of freaking movies until the freaking movie has been in the theater at least a month!!!!!!!

Something told me not to read this thread. mad.gif

I'm STILL going to see it. crying.gif