Fly Tying
smallieFanatic

Anybody here ever have a root canal or simialar thing? It stinks!

Small world. I have a broken back tooth that's kept me up the last two nights. I hate dentist.

Luckily, I'm currently basking in the fuzzy comforting glow of some Hydrocodone I found in my

medicine cabinet. I guess I'll have to break down and go have it looked at before I become addicted...

Mike

I hear you this tooth was excruciating and unfortunately I didn't have any hydrocodone.

Enjoy the fuzzy glow while it lasts, sorry about your tooth!

Jan

I'm supposed to schedule a root canal. I've been putting it off for several months because I don't have any pain from it. I'm supposted to go back to the Dentists next month. He's recommended an oral surgeon to do the root canal. I'm sure he thinks that I'm having this done. He'll be surprised when he sees me because I don't really feel to compelled to get this done. :D

You should do it! It will give you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less trouble long term if you just get it done :headbang:

Jan

(and plus, you get an excuse to take painkillers :lol: :rolleyes: )

I had a root canal in one of my upper teeth, right next to my front teeth, when I was maybe 13 or 14. Ten years later, it got pretty badly discolored so a dentist thought it would be a good idea to put a post and crown into it. That lasted about 4 years, then it fell out one day... nice. Had a new post and crown put in and that lasted all the way until last summer. The original root cracked, the tooth was loose and was causing all manner of pain and swelling. I had to fight for it, but the best course of action was an implant (apparently...) So another dentist surgeon yanked the tooth and used a Makita to drill out some of my skull around the root socket. Then he screwed in a titanium deck screw with a torque wrench. That had to heal for about 8 weeks, but they gave me a POS partial plate that made it impossible to talk or do anything with. So, for the next 8 weeks I just made sure I wore all my shirts with stains and holes in them, and blended in well with the locals. Couldn't even really see the titanium screw head, so it looked pretty good- just like I might have got it knocked out or let it rot out, as usual. They screwed a post into the implant after it allegedly was healed, and epoxied a new tooth to the post. It felt pretty weird at first, but I'm used to it now. I could have bought a decent fishing boat for the price of that tooth.

Best advice is to take good care of your real teeth so you don't ever have to go through all that crap. Some folks are just prone to having tooth problems though. Some folks don't take any special care of their teeth and never have even a cavity. I hate those bastards...

I've had braces for NINE freakin' years... while other kids had them for maybe 3. The reason? I don't know - by year 4 my teeth were close to perfect but my <insert swear here> orthodontist kept say "a little more adjustment." Other than that I've had 1 filling, 4 teeth pulled and now I need to get my wisdoms out during my senior year. Teeth suck.