Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
silverbullet32

My attempt at some minnows

Hey Guys,

I attempted to make some baitfish, minnow things, i also got a cool picture i took the other night. its a cloud that looks like a mushroom cloud in a way, but i only got that one unfocused pic, and then my camera died.

I think i will name the green/yellow one John Deere King, and the red/black one Baitfish From Hell

i used mardi gras beads for the eyes, and deer bucktail for the skirt

100_6846.jpg

100_6841.jpg

Those will work well, but if you are looking to get the action of a clouser I suggest using barbell eyes so you can get a little more action going on. Here is a picture of some clousers that I tyed up a while ago, been so long since I've tyed any though just dont have the motivation to now.........

post-20612-1249082657_thumb.jpg

Kevin

yeah, i just thought i would give them a try, and i tested them out and the eyes i used work pretty darn good, thanks though for the tip

Loren

Yeah wait a tic lol.... I'm from New York and the last time I saw those was when I was in Alabama in April for the Talladega Race... magically they seemed to have the same effect as Louisiana Mardi Gras beads to...........

Kevin

The more important question... How did someone from Washington come by Mardi Gras beads? ;)

Mike

Yeah wait a tic lol.... I'm from New York and the last time I saw those was when I was in Alabama in April for the Talladega Race... magically they seemed to have the same effect as Louisiana Mardi Gras beads to...........

Kevin

well if its related with mardi gras, i cant say i remember lol. no i had them from a birthday party i think, i dont know, but i used them on my flies and they worked great

Loren

no doubt in my mind those flies catch fish...look just like the crappie jig flies I used to tie for cane polers who drop shot them in heavy timber...But I do love a good Clouser!!