Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tequilatrout

Mexican Stone Flag

Hi

Hope you like the Mexican Stone Flag, we are celebrating here in my country, some input:

On the night of 15 to 16 September 1810, after being discovered the conspiracy of Querétaro, the priest Miguel Hidalgo Costilla and Captains Ignacio Allende and Juan Aldama incite the people of Dolores (now Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato) to rise against the authorities of the Viceroyalty of New Spain, the cry of "Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe! Down with bad government! Viva Fernando VII! ". This event is known as the "Grito de Dolores" and considered as the beginning of the process of independence from Mexico.

I was inspired by this great article by Russ Forney ( and a couple of shots of tequila) http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/2...-russ-forney/2/

Enjoy

Hola TT, vaya con dios, mi amigo! Happy Indepenence, I want to see photos of you throwing the stone fly, Cheers, Futzer.

Hola TT, vaya con dios, mi amigo! Happy Indepenence, I want to see photos of you throwing the stone fly, Cheers, Futzer.

Great idea and looks good to very cool idea

I am with futzer on this one need some pics

Chance

olé !!! qué mosca bonita B)

Gonna try to take some trout, panfish or bass with the fly and take some pics

Thanks all for your comments

Gracias Amigos

viva mexico

I am pretty sure there isn't a steelhead on the East Coast that wouldn't smack that thing

Holy crap agradable mosca de pesca

or at least that's what the translation said !!!

holy crap, nice fishing fly

viva mexico

I am pretty sure there isn't a steelhead on the East Coast that wouldn't smack that thing

Holy crap agradable mosca de pesca

or at least that's what the translation said !!!

holy crap, nice fishing fly

The translate is ok "que agradable mosca para pescar" would be a better translation.

Thanks for the Kudos.

Seeing that my evil SPAIN taught spanish teacher gave me a D in class last year, I'm gunna go out on a wing and say:

"Dios mios! Yo estoy muy imprecionado con tu señuelo... que bonito! Lo siento para mi espanol por mi profesora es la diabla!"

I hope you can understand that... I barely do.

Seeing that my evil SPAIN taught spanish teacher gave me a D in class last year, I'm gunna go out on a wing and say:

"Dios mios! Yo estoy muy imprecionado con tu señuelo... que bonito! Lo siento para mi espanol por mi profesora es la diabla!"

I hope you can understand that... I barely do.

Yes, it's pretty clear, sometimes I feel that my 10 year old english skills is not good enough to express myself

"Dios mio, estoy impresionado con tu señuelo...que bonito! Lo siento por mi español pero mi profesora es la diabla"

But "señuelo" it's more for conventional fishing, "mosca" (fly) would be better.

Best Regards

Tequila Trout Spanish professor :yahoo: