Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

Spey and Shrimp Swap

Student4evr You are welcome.

As I just stated in another thread. I am really a newbie and still trying out different ties. I am trying to find my niche. If you've ever seen any of my flies..well some are obviously not my strong point, others.. a little more like I might know what i am doing.

This swap is about trying something new. And it seems that everyone that joined this swap seems to understand what you are saying. The truth be known....don't sweat it..anything will outshine my little attempts. Kinda growing on me they are.

So...I for one cannot wait to see your flies. They will be great like all the rest. I am beginning to believe we all need a pat on the back after this because ...it was kinda brave of us, don't ya think? :hyst:

Will wonders never cease!!!!! The bugs are in the mail!!! :thumbup: :kicking: :thumbup:

There will always be room for improvement but I am satisfied with the work. I also added a couple of bugs for everyone in the swap.

And S.A. thanks for yor patience.

Frank aka Student4evr

Student4evr you are welcome.

Just waiting on the mail for 2. Then I'll scoot them out in the post air mail. Aiming to get them in your doors by xmas. We will see. What a great present they would be. :yahoo:

BTW, as you all know, I had a time getting the wings right on the Black Heron. After checking in my library, the library's library, a bunch of my friends who tie spey flies and the internet, I was still not sure what would work. On on of my last searches I ran across an article on Hatches website!! The author of "Tying a basic Spey Fly" Frank G Swarner III gives a very clear description of the process. Once I read it and picked out the material that became the easiest part of the pattern.

Here is the article: Tying a basic Spey Fly

Thanks Frank!!

Frank aka Student4evr

Anything :dunno: I know it's Christmas but this is really long. The first set had the set of stamps in it from the last swap we did and a bunch of extras. The second set had the flies and some extras; hope both show up for you but I've lost hope on the first set.

Ian

we are waiting for student4evr also, so don't give up. It is xmas season in the P.O. too. So we will try and be patient because I have found that santa never came down the chimney any faster because I wanted him to. :hyst:

ChuckingFluff your flies came!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Tried editing the first post to get your picture up and the editor won't post the picture in the list. :frusty:

I think it has a bug or something. :gun_bandana:

I'll try later, right now I want to say how great they look. :kicking: Getting closer people.

It doesn't look like the first set I sent the heads are a little messy and there not as shiney. Did this one have the stamps and extras in it? or just extras?

Hey flytyinfreak , no we are waiting on Student4evr. The flies should be arriving any day now. I will get them out as fast as possible when they come in.

ChuckingFluff ; I guess I got the second set because there was some great extras but no stamps.

Student4evr 's flies will definitely be worth the wait.

Until then HO! HO! HO! and I will try to get them there. No sleet or rain or........... :hyst: