Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rp3flyfisher

Looking for Walleye Patterns

I want to tie up a bunch of walleye Pattern over the Winter for next year. I will be going fishing in the Parklands in Manitoba, and have no Idea of what to tie as this will be my first time hunting Walleye.

I do know that minnow patterns are good, but not sure what colors are best.

Thanks a ton

Rick

Take it from a kid FROM the Parkland

1. Giant WHITE,BROWN, and BLACK Buggers

2. DDH Leeches

3. EP Flies

4. Deceivers

5. Bunny Leeches

White seems to be the best colour.

There seems to be a lot of people from BC coming to the parkland to hunt Walleye.

What lakes will you be hitting up?

Take it from a kid FROM the Parkland

1. Giant WHITE,BROWN, and BLACK Buggers

2. DDH Leeches

3. EP Flies

4. Deceivers

5. Bunny Leeches

White seems to be the best colour.

There seems to be a lot of people from BC coming to the parkland to hunt Walleye.

What lakes will you be hitting up?

There will be many people there in Late May, the 2010 Canadian FlyFishing Championships are being held there. I have never fished for Walleye before, and they will be scoring fish, so I need to learn what kind of patterns they go after.

I am not Sure what lakes we will be fishing, but I do know that the Town of Roblin will be the host Town. I would assume that the lakes will be within 1 hour of the town.

Thanks for the patterns.

Rick

Hmmm I think this is cheating but I know the lakes.

1.West Goose

2. Tokaryk

3. Pypus

4. Patterson

5. Spear Lake

I know the patterns to use and what not.

Will you be at the meeting at Pybus the weekend before? I was envited out, but I don't know if Ill go.

1.West Goose

2. Tokaryk

3. Pypus

4. Patterson

5. Spear Lake

Will you be at the meeting at Pybus the weekend before? I was envited out, but I don't know if Ill go.

Not sure about the details yet, they have not been released to us. As far as I know, we will not be told what lakes until 90 days prior and will NOT be able to fish them ahead of the Championships. I read that they will be allowing us to fish nearby "Similar" lakes for practice.

Thanks again for the info. And no this is not cheating, it is called gathering information.

Rick

This pattern submission has walleyes nailed. http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=47648.

Sorry had too. With walleye I have the most luck with white as well. If all else fails get a worm harness drag Jans pattern around the bottom of the lake till you find them then start throwing flies at them. (If that's not cheating of course.) Good luck

I've also had great luck on walleyes with Clouser minnows wherever I fish. Chartreuse over white is my personal favorite.

1.West Goose

2. Tokaryk

3. Pypus

4. Patterson

5. Spear Lake

Not sure about the details yet, they have not been released to us. As far as I know, we will not be told what lakes until 90 days prior and will NOT be able to fish them ahead of the Championships. I read that they will be allowing us to fish nearby "Similar" lakes for practice.

Thanks again for the info. And no this is not cheating, it is called gathering information.

Rick

Thinking about it now the list is incorrect it should be

1. West Goose

2. Tokaryk

3. Patterson

4 . Twin Lake

5. Unknown

Pybus would be a practice lake and so will the Duck Mountain Lakes (Gull, Laurie, Beautiful [Full of walleye a large bows] East Blue, Perch, Two Mile Lake, Glad, and Beaver)

You might wanna check this link.

http://www.flippr.ca/the_flippr_lakes.htm

Chris