Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rp3flyfisher

A few flies I have been tying

I have been playing around with a few patterns for Steelhead and Salmon for the last few weeks, here are a few examples.

P1015180.JPG

P1015191.JPG

P1015186.JPG

P1015182.JPG

I have a bunch more that I will post in the next few days, just need to take some shots of them.

Rick

Nice flies Rick. What is the make/model/size of the hook you are using? I like their shape. What is the white wing material in the bottom fly? Is it organza fibers? Neat looking material, whatever it is.

Is the marabou at the head of the 2nd fly well just behind the ( what looks to me like maybe spun hackle . might be calling it all wrong . how did you get it to do that ?

Nice flies Rick. What is the make/model/size of the hook you are using? I like their shape. What is the white wing material in the bottom fly? Is it organza fibers? Neat looking material, whatever it is.

The white material that I used on the bottom fly is Called DNA, I LOVE the stuff. The hooks are from Vision Canada. Model number FL-510T size 2/0.

Is the marabou at the head of the 2nd fly well just behind the ( what looks to me like maybe spun hackle . might be calling it all wrong . how did you get it to do that ?

It is Marabou. I just tie it in like hackle (By the tip) and bring it around the hook, just like a soft hackle, making sure to stroke it back every turn.

Rick