Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutbuster

flashtail diver

Hello there,

I'm new to the board, and I finally found a bunch of people that like spinning buggers like I do. I've been spinning for almost a year now.

I've searched a bit around and found a lot of nice flies, wich give me inspiration in terms of color combinations and materials to use.

I would like to add a fly to this and hope you guys can appreciate it ... :rolleyes:

I'ts something different that I haven't fished yet (it's too cold for topwaters now), and I think it will work.

with quite a bit of inspiration from Dan Blantons Flashtail Whisler.

:D

post-24872-1264676569_thumb.jpg

post-24872-1264676668_thumb.jpg

That is a nice looking fly! Thanks for sharing that! And welcome aboard! Glad you are with us!

Understated elegance. To me, that is every bit as awesome as some of the over-the-top show flies seen here and elsewhere. Beautiful.

Hi Guys, thanks for the complements,

what really helped me when I started spinning deerhair is this Ken Bohannon video on You tube, together with one of the Chris helm DVD's.

Along with alot of practice..

~ floris

PS spinning is addictive :D

post-24872-1264751329_thumb.jpg

Even though this is a warmwater section, I like to fish these for European seabass, my all time favourite fly for seabass is a chartreuse white Lefty's deceiver with a red keel.

I wanted a topwaterfly with these colors and came up with this. I also use redheads alot.

~ floris