Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Will K

My next shot at Crease flies and a favorite streamer

Hi gang...

The other day I posted my first creasefly...

this is numbers 2-6 in my crease fly history. I'm really having fun with these little guys! The target is crappie and bass on a local farm pond mostly.... that top right one is really aimed at sunfish or crappie.

But the top left crease fly which is longer, slim and blue/purple/silver which is a smelt like crease for smallies on a local reservoir in the spring while the white streamer is a slight update on one I've been tying for years. Id bet there is a name or someone else who ties it... but I just call it blood and guts. That's because the first several incarnations were tied with soft red plastic on the body over lead wrap, then I slid on the body and used head cement over the body... the effect was a body that looked like you could see the "guts" on the inside similar to holding a minnow up to the sun. That one used bucktail and maribou. this one just uses ezbody with a red lateral line, some UV flash and craft fur for a tail with straight craft fur on the wing. Looks really similar, but a few fewer steps which is nice.

Fun stuff :)

post-24830-1265299058_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, Txflytyer... I have a busy work block today through the weekend so it may not be until Monday but Ill take a pic of the "stencil" I made and post it.

Regrettably the really small one and the "smelty" one top left were prototypes so I basically used the same form as the others, but stretched it and made it slimmer for the smelty one and made it really stubby for the little one.

Ill get that up as soon as I get a chance to take the pic...

Txflytyer this was the pattern I made for most of the flies posted above...

post-24830-1265633964_thumb.jpg

Those are some great looking flies! I love the flash and irridescence!

Thanks!

Yes, Txflytyer... I have a busy work block today through the weekend so it may not be until Monday but Ill take a pic of the "stencil" I made and post it.

Regrettably the really small one and the "smelty" one top left were prototypes so I basically used the same form as the others, but stretched it and made it slimmer for the smelty one and made it really stubby for the little one.

Ill get that up as soon as I get a chance to take the pic...

Hi

Thanks for the pic no problem with the wait. I just got on havent been able to this week end was out of town. I will be trying my luck at some of this for sure.

Thanks agian

txflytier