Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NineZeroSeven

(Vintage?) Lure ID

I recently acquired a lure in a lot that I bought. Most are old Flat-fish, and similar lures from the 70s & 80s (ish), but one is completely different. I haven't been able to find ANY information on it, not even a picture of anything similar with a Google search, on ebay, lure collectors' sites, etc. The lure appears to be made of porcelain or clay, with red glaze, apparently fashioned to resemble the Arkansas Razorbacks mascot, complete with tusks. Based on the quality and overall look, it doesn't seem to be homemade.

I'll take a pic or two to post later, but thought I'd see if any of you guys can help identify this thing or point me in the right direction.

That is probably one of those short lived novelty pieces. It might be of interest to a collector! List it on ebay, and the value will reveal itself. Make sure you use a reserve if you are attached to it though.

Durring the late 80s rappella and another company ,that i have forgoten, would make different lures similar to this as company promotions. I still have a Joe Camel un-opened. Some turned out to be valuable others didn't...mine didn't.

There are several lure manufacturers here in Arkansas. I'm guessing

David and DrVette are correct in that it is a novelty/promotional item.

Most Arkansans love their Razorbacks.

Mike

I think, as David mentioned, I'll let the buyers determine the value. I'm not attached to it in the least - maybe it'll go for enough to pay for the others from the same purchase. Thanks for the input all!