Fly Tying
Denis Lamy

DL Soft Hackle White

Really nice hi-vis pattern... I like white for low light, as you have indicated, and also for deeply colored or muddied water. That one is really pretty. nice job with the swanandaze. I've found that stuff difficult to tie in. I have done better with larva lace, or some of the newer materials. My swanandaze is so hard that I end up with a lump where I tie in. I can't even see your thread at all at the tie in point.

Thanks all for the nice words. :)

My swanandaze is so hard that I end up with a lump where I tie in. I can't even see your thread at all at the tie in point.

I work both Larva Lace and Swanundaze depending on availabilty. The trick to hide the tying point is to tie it at the head, then cover the shank and swanundaze with thread along the shank, bring back the thread near the head. Then with friction from your finger work some warmth in the materiel before spinig it on the shank and do stretch it to reduce its diameter and create a taper (very small) from the tail to the head.

Hope this help.