Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich mc

big bugger swap

Im in if there is still room. I have some big jig hooks I need to use up Pattern TBD

I've been wanting to come up with a simple crayfish. Im thinking of a bugger with a crayfish

twist if you think that will fit the swap?

I want to change my fly choice to a pink and purple wooly bugger to better fill the theme of the swap. I dont think a craw bugger could be used for anything other then a craw dad.

Guest rich mc

no problem. i put up a list of tyers soon. all are in that posted and room for more. any new swappers out there? rich mc

Here is what I came up with. Just 3" and they are purple with pink flash under the body. The pic is all blue but the big buggers are purple along with my fingers. They have bead chain eyes

24560_349864654850_802234850_3552974_8247465_n.jpg

Guest rich mc

yes you are. will do the list later ,after i do work on my wifes list . rich

I'm in if there's still room. I'll either do a version of the "Bitch Creek" seen here --->http://www.jerrysflyfishingtips.com/Feb_Fly_Month.htm or a bead head bugger, leaning towards the B Creek though. I'll do it on a size 2 Mustad.

Edit: Sorry bi-color will be red/black with red rubber legs

welcome wes, your in .. room for a few more rich mc

Thanks!! Hope I don't embarass myself lol.

Guest rich mc

you will become a better tyer for doing the swap.first by tying a bunch of thesame fly , second by comparing yours to what others tie. we were all beginners once. rich mc

I went to my local fly store to pick up the rubber legs and they were out of red so I went with white. I tied one up to see how it will look, and really like it, hope everyone does also. I'm going to try and do half tonight and the rest over the weekend sometime, then I'll post some pics for you guys before sending.