Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Articulated Streamers Swap

I'm doing tubeflies. 5 are done, 7 to go! Body is silver holographic tinsel, ribbed with a grey saddle hackle, counterribbed with one strand of the holotinsel, winged with black Artic fox and a collar of long yellow Marabou hackle, head black metallic cone. It has lots of movement in the water!!

Sjo :coffee:

My flies are done, I need a shipping adress!!

Sjo

Kevin,

opps forgot to lable them. They are Gartside Bass Bugs Enjoy let me know how they work.

john

Thanks I will. How have you fished them before. Also How can tie more of them.

Kevin

Kevin,

opps forgot to lable them. They are Gartside Bass Bugs Enjoy let me know how they work.

john

Thanks I will. How have you fished them before. Also How can tie more of them.

Kevin

Sent you a PM

I Mailed mine today. You should have them by Wednesday or Thursday. I also used arctic fox for the back tail as I think it has some of the best underwater movement. I hope you all like them.

Although I designed it (after seeing Dhise's nymphomaniac in a gift fully loaded Orivs vest) for fishing flats down in the keys and Caribbean, I havent used it for that yet. I can vouch that it caught a monster rainbow in the Lehigh River and and many smallmouth on the Frankstown branch of the little J, both here in PA.

Tight Lines Bob

I Mailed mine today. You should have them by Wednesday or Thursday. I also used arctic fox for the back tail as I think it has some of the best underwater movement. I hope you all like them.

Although I designed it (after seeing Dhise's nymphomaniac in a gift fully loaded Orivs vest) for fishing flats down in the keys and Caribbean, I havent used it for that yet. I can vouch that it caught a monster rainbow in the Lehigh River and and many smallmouth on the Frankstown branch of the little J, both here in PA.

Tight Lines Bob

Thanks Bob I look forward to seeing them. And vt.... thanks for the link.

Kevin

Tight Lines Bob

Bob I got your flies today. They are good. One month left to get them in.

Kevin

Address please. These are a little different than the pic I posted earlier. I weighted them with dumbell eyes instead of lead wire. I also used regular width zonker strips on the back hook but the front zonker is still magnum size. I think it gives the fly a nice taper. I also used a gamakatsu octopus hook in the back instead of the 3366 I was using.

post-21899-1271276946_thumb.jpg

Mike

Address please. These are a little different than the pic I posted earlier. I weighted them with dumbell eyes instead of lead wire. I also used regular width zonker strips on the back hook but the front zonker is still magnum size. I think it gives the fly a nice taper. I also used a gamakatsu octopus hook in the back instead of the 3366 I was using.

post-21899-1271276946_thumb.jpg

Mike

PM was sent. That is a good looking set of flies. I hope you send me info on how to tie them also. I want a set of my own.

Kevin

PM was sent. That is a good looking set of flies. I hope you send me info on how to tie them also. I want a set of my own.

I'm actually working on a step by step. I should have it done in the next couple weeks.

Mike