Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

Any one up for a....?

There seems to be a major swap bloom recently! However, I am curious if there is any interest in a Carp swap? It is my #1 fishing goal this year to catch a first carp. Any interest?

I have seen plenty of trout and bass and bluegill swaps around, but I have yet to see a carp one.

I would be, caught a bunch last year. I've fished for bone fish that were easier to catch than carp?

They are the freshwater version of Bone fish and fight harder.

Let me know if this goes i will tie some flies!

If not send me your addy and I will share with you what I have used to this point!

Blessings,

Jeremy

I caught my first flyrod carp last year and plan to try again this year. We have some great water that has a bunch of carp in the 5-10 pound range, and some over 20 not far from here. I know some water that holds a bunch of 20 plus a little farther away. It was a blast catching one on the fly rod.

I would also. I have cought one on a #14 lighting bug but I got into the swap I would want to do something else, but not sure what yet. We have a lot of them here and some in the high 20 lbs easly. This one was 10 lbs.

post-3866-1267454548_thumb.jpg

Good! David there is a lake (Moses) not five minutes away from my house that holds an abundance of gargantuan carp. I do yard work for a friend right on the lake. I see schools of 15+pound fish swimming by everyday. These things are hard to catch though doggone it :ripped:

ok here is a question before I commit. Are you all talking about spring or summer carp? The reason I ask is here in Michigan I fish for carp using a crayfish pattern or brown bugger in the spring but when the mullberries start hatching you got to match the hatch

Ok we have 5 fly fisherman here is this a go or what?

Trying to decide what to tie so if we are going to do this i will hold off??

Blessings,

Jeremy

The only thing now is the OK from the Moderator. That is what we are waiting on. As soon as I get it, I will set up the swap.

ok here is a question before I commit. Are you all talking about spring or summer carp? The reason I ask is here in Michigan I fish for carp using a crayfish pattern or brown bugger in the spring but when the mullberries start hatching you got to match the hatch

That's funny... out here when the Cottonwood trees go to seed, it's all cottonwood flies!

I had success fishing for carp with monster bloodworm bug - about the same relations to actual bloodworm as Chernobyl Ant to real ant.

In the hot summer the #1 fly is the Bread fly - a bunch of spun deerhair cut to match the breadcrust hatch.

In cooler months black leeches work well to targetted carp.

Smallish white booby nymphs fished on ultra hight density line perform well on a baited spot.

If you decide to go forward with the swap and are OK with international dimension then I'm in.

Jindra