Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
avelino

Czech (free living)

I am inspired by your use of furry foam for the abdomen. It creates a perfect nymph body. Thanks for sharing the technique. I will give it a try.

I do love Czechs as well, I even live with one :lol2:

Nice nymphs, slim profile and very life like color combination, and the idea of furry foam in CZ nymphs is novel. I tie a very similar pattern with creamy dubbing, the end result is about the same but the furry foam must be easier to work with. I need to get hold of some of the stuff.

If you feel like experimenting you can try a hot pink SLF hotspot between the thorax and abdomen, it adds an interesting twist to this color combination.

Cheers!

J.

I am inspired by your use of furry foam for the abdomen. It creates a perfect nymph body. Thanks for sharing the technique. I will give it a try.

Thanks Letumgo!!!

Try it and use a light thread, if you don´t do it and if apply too much tension with furry foam, underbody lead or thread will be seen.

The foam strip should be wide and use it as thin skin,nymph skin.......

See you with the next!!!

I do love Czechs as well, I even live with one :lol2:

Nice nymphs, slim profile and very life like color combination, and the idea of furry foam in CZ nymphs is novel. I tie a very similar pattern with creamy dubbing, the end result is about the same but the furry foam must be easier to work with. I need to get hold of some of the stuff.

If you feel like experimenting you can try a hot pink SLF hotspot between the thorax and abdomen, it adds an interesting twist to this color combination.

Cheers!

J.

Yes Firetiger, it´s a fast tying material and for example,Ivory color when wet, is a dirty creamy with white tones.

I used cremy dubbing too but when i tie Czechs I do not like to waste time.

Let the trout decide ( i´m sure she will like it)

Good advice from a "Czech Man"!!!!!

Thanks!!