Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FishyboY

Dry Fly Head Cement?

If/when someone tries to challenge your opinions and beliefs, you will understand why people hold opinions in such high regard. If you're presented with 1 set of facts, Jan, there's no law or rule saying there can only be 1 opinion or conclusion produced from the said facts. You're basing your whole arguement of "getting set strait" on the notion of giving up your opinion and succumbing to someone else's.

I don't think you understand that there are more than one type of opinions/beliefs. There is the kind that can't be disproved and shouldn't be attempted (eg, "I think mountains are pretty") and the other, the kind that can be wrong and should be disproved if it is misleading or the like (eg, "Hen hackle will work just as good as rooster on a royal wulff").

On your second paragraph you pursue a whole different subject. I am not suggesting persecution for someone having diverse beliefs, as long as it isn't harmful to the people around you. I am merely stating that some opinions are wrong and should be set strait.

You are suggesting that because someone believes something it can never be wrong, and it should never be challenged.

Boy am I glad Galileo and other notable dissenters didn't look at it that way.

I'm done. I made my point clear and I believe I will also walk away from the keyboard. I need it <_<

a small touch of hard as nails on the 3mm or so of thread reight at the head before you whip finish for me, it's not like a fully laquered head but is nnice and secure

Holy off topic, Batman.

I've always used a thin head cement and I can't imagine it has any impact on how the fly floats. Once is dries there's virtually no additional weight.

what do you guys use for dry fly head cement. i heard that regular head cement can actually make the fly sink. which makes sense... so i would like to hear what you guys do?

I USE FINGERNAIL POLISH. (AND NO, IT DOESN'T MAKE THE FLY SINK) I BUY ALL KINDS OF USED BOTTLES IN VARIOUS COLORS AT GARAGE SALES. I ALSO CHECK OUT THE JEWELRY FOR BEADS AND OTHER GOODIES. YOU CAN FIND A LOT OF SUPPLIES WITH A LITTLE IMAGINATION