Fly Tying
day5

Warm Water INVITATION Swap!!!

I just wanna say that i'm probably not going to get invited to this swap, but i dont care. It awesome to see other people's work, and this helps try to strive to be a better as a tier.

Also Dart i can see where people can feel this, and i agree with you.

Although I understand Jeffs feelings. Im asking him to discontinue his posts and also to delete his prior posts from this thread.

Jeff you are out of line and I wish you had not been so public. The majority of the people on this site have no issue whit this swap. Im not sure why you are trying to piss off so many people. What do you want me to do? Close the swap because of you? Well I think you know me well enough to know that I will not and I am asking that BDH rejoin. Ive lost alot of respect for you Jeff. And that sucks cause I thought you were a stand up guy. Guess I was wrong. So delete your post and let us continue on in peace. If you do have a problem with me feel free to pm me but keep it civil.

This is about honoring someone who's work you respect Smalliestalker could be one of the best and most creative tiers I have ever seen. That is why I asked him.

Jeff I can not tell you how disappointed I am in your outburst. Im not mad. More or less Im just disappointed in you.

I really don't understand where this went wrong. I sincerely apologize to Matt and BDH and anyone else who felt I was attacking them in any way. I wasn't trying to "piss anyone off," Matt.

I've deleted my previous posts and at your request I will no longer participate.

Again, I apologize... I can't mean it any more sincerely.

I have not chimed in on this discussion yet....I wasn't sure in which direction it was heading....I'm a little surprised by the entire thing to be honest....A fun swap.....an exciting swap....A swap that everyone participating was asked to participate....What could be more of an honor....A personal invite. In no way was this an attack on anyone else or their tying skills....This isn't grade school, there are no clicks...It's about tying flies...A swap that when the pictures are posted people could admire (or not)...and possibly learn and grow from....Anyone that is that sensitive as to having their feelings hurt by not being asked to participate should grow up and get a spine....Nothing in the world is fair.....Now....We need to stop this madness and continue on with the GOOD nature of this swap....

Pat it happened before in the last swap but it didn't get out of control. Anyone can start one people so don't feel left out just get one going.

Now who's next? I want to sit back relax and have fun watching this. :coffee:

For those that feel or want to discuss the pros and cons of invitational swaps, I created a topic under General Discussion/Lodge as suggested by BDH. So, let Matt get on with his invitational swap and I suggest everyone including Matt delete their posts not related to the swap itself.

If someone would tell me how to delete, I'll be glad to delete this after everyone deletes their posts.

Kirk