Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Threshershark

Bass Stix

I saw the 2-lb bass thread and it was right up my alley. I don't chase them very often, but the last couple of weekends I've been flipping the Sage Smallmouth and have loved it.

4658388925_bdb6f0940e_b.jpg

Is anyone throwing these or other stump pullers like the TFO Minimag for bass?

As a side note, these rods roll cast with a lot of power. I used this bass rod to roll cast big slip indicators from shore on a stillwater chironomid rig, and was really surprised at the distance a stout 7'11" stick will produce.

This is a really fun series of rods. I've seen people using the bigger Largemouth rod for big pike, muskie, snook, and smaller tarpon in the mangroves. Lots of leverage and pulling power for anything that swims near structure.

4609963789_78cea56d0f_o.jpg

No comment on the rods, I've never fished one.

but, I love that fly!!!

yeah got to cast one the other day in the shop i work at when we got some in. fun thing to cast. but the thing is killer and can open a can of whoop azz on any other fly rod when it comes to pendulum casting under structure such as docks and low hanging trees. this rod is a must for any boat angler

i'm picking up the large mouth rod this weekend...can't wait

Hey smallie can you let me know how the rod is. I was thinking of geeting one. Also what reel did you match up with it?