Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
AlexC

Nikon Batteries

A couple months ago I made a post here about how excited I was to finally have my first dslr. Well, a few weeks back, there was a rising water incident on a tailwater I fish and I killed my new dslr (d3000). The body is dead, but the lens and battery are still in good shape.

Fast forward to today, and I got my second dslr, (a refurbished d60), which leads to my question. The battery that came with the d60-ordered from B&H- is a Nikon EN-EL9. The Battery I still have from the d3000 is a EN-EL9a. According to B&H's website, the 9a is compatible with the d60. However, looking at each battery, they have different specs.

EN-EL9

7.4V 1000mAh

EN-EL9a

7.2V 1080mAh

Is the difference between the two a big deal? Thanks

A couple months ago I made a post here about how excited I was to finally have my first dslr. Well, a few weeks back, there was a rising water incident on a tailwater I fish and I killed my new dslr (d3000). The body is dead, but the lens and battery are still in good shape.

Fast forward to today, and I got my second dslr, (a refurbished d60), which leads to my question. The battery that came with the d60-ordered from B&H- is a Nikon EN-EL9. The Battery I still have from the d3000 is a EN-EL9a. According to B&H's website, the 9a is compatible with the d60. However, looking at each battery, they have different specs.

EN-EL9

7.4V 1000mAh

EN-EL9a

7.2V 1080mAh

Is the difference between the two a big deal? Thanks

Slightly longer battery life is the only difference.

The D3000 was the camera on when it hit the water? I have had a camera at 60 feet flood out on me and still work but it was off .. but you have to let it dry out !!! hairdryer works And a some luck :) Has for the BAT Check your specs that .2 of a vote can mess thing up like the flash i would go to

http://www.dpreview.com/ post there and have a tech add have tech get back to you just to make sure !!!