Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cspears0006

The Little Pigeon River

Hey Guys and Gals, I am heading to Pigeon Forge next weekend to fish the little Pigeon River. Has anyone got any suggestions on flies or techniques??

Hey Guys and Gals, I am heading to Pigeon Forge next weekend to fish the little Pigeon River. Has anyone got any suggestions on flies or techniques??

Ive Fished it the last two years in june. after a 4 year hiatus.

I use prince nymphs,tellicos, also Royal wulff dry and royal coachmans in a 18-20 work very well. 5x or 7x tippets I also like to use streamers too. Murrays Marauder (from Murrays fly shop) (I tie my own now)

We fish park streams mainly, drive out to Tremont fish on the little river, make a day of it then stop by little river outfitters and see Byron they will advise you of the hatch or just check out his web site www.littleriveroutfitters.com

theres also a msg board there you can read and they usually let you know what happening.

I've had good luck on Palmers in yellow or orange, BWOs and Pheasant tails. Really can't go wrong with tiny midge clusters like a Griffiths nat or a small Crackleback. Good luck!