Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
muddywater

Hello from Iowa

Just joined the forum. Been creeping, my daughters term for lurking, for quite some time. I have fly fished off and on for most of my 45 years. I enjoy many outdoor activities, fishing, hunting, trapping and just being outdoors. I find the forim very infomative and enjoy the many topics. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

welcome to the forum. Where in Iowa are you? I am in Omaha and am always looking for more people to go fishing with.

Try this again. North central, about 25 miles north of Ames. Might be able to meet part way sometime.

Glad to have you! I hear there are some trout streams in Northeast Iowa and have always been tempted to stop and try them out. If you've had the chance to fish them I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Best regards,

Cody

Welcome. Great to see another Hawkeye join in :) You'll find this one great place. Fly fishing isn't big in my part of the state, NW., corner Sioux Cty, but still love the sport.

Look forward to seeing you around here.

MIke

Glad to have you! I hear there are some trout streams in Northeast Iowa and have always been tempted to stop and try them out. If you've had the chance to fish them I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Best regards,

Cody

Never fished them. Have smallmouth fished up there. Know several guys that do and seem to have good succes

Welcome. Great to see another Hawkeye join in :) You'll find this one great place. Fly fishing isn't big in my part of the state, NW., corner Sioux Cty, but still love the sport.

Look forward to seeing you around here.

MIke

Not real big around here either. On the other hand, it seems to be very productive, which, I think is partially because not many people do fly fish.

The interesting thing is in the last few years I've been fly fishing, in the same areas I use to use my conventional fishing gear, I seem to catch more fish, mainly panfish and SM's. You really get a great feeling catching a fish on your own tied flies .... a real charge!

Mike

The interesting thing is in the last few years I've been fly fishing, in the same areas I use to use my conventional fishing gear, I seem to catch more fish, mainly panfish and SM's. You really get a great feeling catching a fish on your own tied flies .... a real charge!

Mike

I do alittle fly tying as well. I agree it is a lot of fun, tying and catching fish on flies you tie yourself. Been thinking about buiding a rod, I find that intresting ,also. Ice fishing is just around the corner and think I might try tying some flies for that too.

Mike

I do alittle fly tying as well. I agree it is a lot of fun, tying and catching fish on flies you tie yourself. Been thinking about buiding a rod, I find that intresting ,also. Ice fishing is just around the corner and think I might try tying some flies for that too.

Welcome. Careful of the rod building. It is addicting. Very addicting. Its a lot of fun and very satisfying to catch a fish on your own rod as well.

Mike

Welcome. Careful of the rod building. It is addicting. Very addicting. Its a lot of fun and very satisfying to catch a fish on your own rod as well.

That's what I keep reading. Well there are far worse things to be addicted to.