Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mmarkey

Any Big Green Egg Users??

I've got one of the brinkman charcoal water smokers. I do everything from Jery to ribs to turkey in it. Yum slobber slobber! I'll help if I can!

I've never heard of a big green egg, is it a charcoal bbq? I've got a little portable smoker, just put to cans of that canned heat (candles) under it.. I've only used it for trout. My father uses a modefied charcoal bbq for his stuff, mostly briskits.. biggrin.gif I'm starving now..

QUOTE (TroutBum @ Oct 25 2004, 05:39 PM)
You're talking about cooking, right?

laugh.gif The first time I read this post I thought he was talking about smoking different parts of flys blink.gif

Thanks for posting that mark.. I gotta a new item to through on my christmas wish list.. cheers.gif My little smoker is great for fish, but I've been looking around for something I could throw some industrial sized steaks into.. biggrin.gif Cant beat a BBQ, horse shoe tournment guiness type of day

Well, I was going to say yes, but after seeing that one in the link, all I have to say is "Day yamned". LOL. I do have one like it, but nowhere near as fancy or nicely built. That is truly hardcore, and I'd LOVE to have one.

But to answer your question, yes I do have one. Just not a ceramic styled, but is literally EXACTLY like that one in almost every way. They work great. But you know, unless I'm doing steaks or such, I never use it. Turkey, other birds, and fish always seem to go into my deep fryer now. LOL.

I used to work in a fish plant we smoked all of our fish.I told my buddy about how well the fish tasted.He decided he was going to build a small smoke house,I dont think he was smoking fish or game though.

Those Big Green Eggs are very nice stuff. I'm kinda old school and use a New Braunfelds. On my 8th year with it. About due for a powerwash and paint job, maybe new charcoal grates, but overall has withstood many 100's of hours of smoking.